Office Phone (206)324-2771
A BRIEF HISTORY
Early in the spring of 1953 Pastors: Drs. Otis F. & Johnnie M. Brown Started coming to Seattle and having cottage meetings. These meetings were held in the homes of: Bro. & Sis. Lee, Bro. & Sis. Douglas and Sis. Humphrey
On August 27, 1953 Bro. & Sis. Brown moved to Seattle and continued having cottage meetings, the attendance increased to the point where it was necessary to find a larger meeting place.
The group was able to rent the Methodist Church on 23rd Ave. and Spruce. We moved from there to the Cherry Hill Baptist Church.
In October 1953, with the help of the Western Washington Association of the Church of God, we purchased our first building located at 1437 Jackson St. The Church grew rapidly and soon we needed a larger place for the Sunday Services.We rented the Yesler Terrace gymnasium and then the Washington Hall.
The Church continued to grow and in 1957 a large two story brick building located at 2715 S. Jackson Street was purchased, again the Western Washington Association of the Church of God helped.
Drs. Otis F. & Johnnie M. Brown pastored the Church until September 1967.
Reverend Claudell Warren was installed as Pastor In 1967.
The building went throught several remolding projects. In 1999 a new Sanctuary
was constructed adjacent to and attached to the existing building